University of The Free State NPDE
- The NPDE programme allows under-qualified and unqualified practicing teachers as well as FET-College educators to upgrade their qualifications.
- The programme is practice-based and has a strong classroom focus.
- After completion, the student will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and values required as stipulated in the National Curriculum Statement.
- The student will also be allowed to progress to REQV 13 as a fully qualified, professional teacher in the Foundation, Intermediate, Senior and/or FET phases.
- After the student has completed the NPDE, he/she will be empowered with the fundamental, practical and reflexive competencies required for further study at NQF level 6 (REQV 14).
- The duration of the NPDE studies is a minimum of three years and a maximum of six years.
A student may only register for the NPDE program if such a student:
- has at least five years teaching experience,
- is on either REQV level 10, 11 or 12,
- is a practising teacher during the study period.
- To enroll through Mukhanyo as a Christian institution, the applicant must demonstrate faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and a commitment to His lordship.
Majors To Choose From:
- Understanding Barriers to Learning
Phases Presented Are:
- Foundation Phase (Gr.0-3)
- Intermediate and Senior Phase (Gr. 4-9)