University of The Free State Applications
Apply to study in
Become a UFS student in 9 steps:
Step 1: Apply online or in hard copy (undergraduate).
Step 2: Your application form is processed. You will receive a student number. If you have not submitted the required documents, you will be requested to do so in order to finalise your application.
Step 3: You are conditionally admitted once you meet all the admission requirements.
Step 4: If you have applied for campus residence, you will now receive correspondence from Housing and Residence Affairs.
Step 5: If you are accepted when the final Grade 12 results become available, in January 2020, you will receive a letter of acceptance.
Step 6: You have to make prepayments five (5) days prior to registration in January 2020. Use your student number as the reference number.
Step 7: Register during January 2020.
Step 8: Get your study material and timetable after registration.
Step 9: Enjoy your classes, which start early February 2020.
Visit http://www.ufs.ac.za/apply to access the online application system.
Apply to study in second semester
- Application for Admission in for Download (PDF)
Application documents for admission for currently registered students
- DV2 Form (Application to change an incomplete qualification (degree/diploma/certificate) and or campus of studies by a registered student.)
- DV3 Form (Application form for registered students in their final year who wish to apply for a new qualification on completion of the qualification (degree/diploma/certificate) they are currently registered for.)
- Selection Application Form (Undergraduates) for Social Work for – You must also download and complete the DV1A form * for Undergraduate students
Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Department of Architecture – BArch Selection Form
- Department of Architecture – BArchHons | MArch Selection
- Department of Geology – Selection Application –
- Department of Urban And Regional Planning –
- Department Of Quantity Surveying and Construction Management –
- Department of Genetics – BSc Forensic Science (Undergraduate Degree)
- Department of Genetics – BSc Hons (Postgraduate Degree)
- Department of Genetics – MSc / PhD (Postgraduate Degree)
Economic and Management Sciences
- Application for Admission: Post-graduate Study
- Application for submission as postgraduate student in the Degree B.Admin.Hons / B.Pub.Hons / M.Admin / M.Pub / M.P.A. or D.Admin / D.Pub
- Application forms for selection at Health Sciences * You must also download and complete the DV1A form * for Undergraduate students Faculty of Health Sciences School of Medicine / School for Allied Health Professions / School of Nursing: M.B.,Ch.B. B.Sc. Radiation Sciences B.Sc Physiotherapy B. Optometry B.Sc Dietetics B. Occupational Therapy B.Soc.Sc (Nursing) B.A. Hons. (Human Movement Science)