University of The Free State Marketing Department
University of The Free State Marketing Department, Our Marketing Department, located in the Wekkie Saayman Building, is a vibrant and dynamic space, driven to enhance the positioning of the UFS as a challenger brand in the international higher-education market.
Our focus is to market our distinctive range of programmes within the seven faculties to deliver on the brand promise in line with the UFS’s mission and vision. Therefore we strive to:
- Be a beacon whereby prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students can navigate their future through the choices they make and the guidance and information we provide
- Start conversation by engaging both the UFS community and prospective students on the traditional advertising platforms, but also increasingly on the digital front
- Be ideas-centred through channelling the creative energy and minds at work in the department to produce innovative ideas that constantly renew and refresh the way prospective students and the public at large experience our brand promise.
- Go the extra mile, as it is a road less travelled. You will definitely find us there.
The core services rendered by the department on both the Bloemfontein and Qwaqwa Campuses, are:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate recruitment
- Integrated marketing
- Special promotion projects
- Information Centre
- Grade 9 subject-choice guidance and advice
Programme Marketing and Alumni Division
The Programme Marketing and Alumni Division is responsible for all liaison with schools, as well as liaison with alumni.
Its main aims are;
- to recruit students for the University
- to maintain good relations with our alumni (through, inter alia, Kovsie Alumni)
- to raise funds for the Kovsie Alumni Trust.
The Division is active in all parts of South Africa as well as abroad. The Unit for Prospective Students also forms part of this division.
The marketers are:
- Mr Nic van Wyk
- Mr Thato Phakoe
- Mr Samson Masoka
- Mr Pieter Jordaan
- Mr Pieter van Jaarsveld
- Mr Louis Lukas
- Mr Vusi Mkhwanazi (Qwaqwa)
- Mrs Cindy Hack (Durban)
- Miss Anchen Nel (Kroonstad)
- Miss Reneé Swart (Potchefstroom)
- Mr Willem Theron (Kovsie Alumni Trust)
- Mrs Kathy Verwey (Kovsie Alumni)
- Mrs Ilze Bakkes
Public Relations Practioner: Open Days, Road Shows, Matriculant of the Year Competition, Reception of First Year Students, Expo:
- Mrs Linda Greyling
Officer: Kovsie Alumni Trust: Miss Elsje Aucamp
- Secretary Mrs Anita Jackson
- Miss Tharina Naudé
- Mr Francois Maritz
- Ms Elmada Kemp
Unit for Prospective Students
The Unit is responsible for the national and international distribution of all marketing material to prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Officer: Ms Marieta Landman
- Information Practitioner: Ms Ciki Bacela
- Information Officer: Miss Rochelle Williams
- Information Officer: Mr Tshidiso Masakala