University of The Free State Examination Results
Exam results and financial information (SMS query system)
The University of the Free State offers a SMS service to students that provides
|How to register for the SMS service||How to access exam results||How to access financial information|
You are now registered for the SMS service. To access your information press “Answer” and type in 00 (zero, zero).
Your exam results will be displayed, press “Answer” and type in 00 (zero, zero) to return to the menu.
Your finance information will be displayed, press “Answer” and type in 00 (zero, zero) to return to the menu.
Examination venue rules
(For the full requirements, download Institutional Rules and Qualifications) (Scroll down on page)
- Only registered students who have gained admission to examinations may participate in examinations.
- A student card or prescribed proof of registration must be produced to gain entry to the examination venue.
- Once (15) minutes from the commencement of the examination session have elapsed, No student is allowed into the examination venue.
- Students may leave the examination venue only once forty-five (45) minutes from the commencement of the examination session have elapsed.
- A student may not take any pen holders, books of any description, notes or sheets of paper containing writing, cell phones/Dictaphones or electronic equipment into the examination venue during an examination session. The University cannot be held accountable for loss of or damage to personal property that is left either in or outside the examination venue.
- During the examination a student may not smoke or consume food or refreshments.
- A student in her/his final academic semester who- upon completion of the main end-of-year examination or the main mid-year examination must prolong her/his studies to obtain the qualification subsequent to failing a single module during the main mid-year examination or the main end-of-year examination, depending on which semester applies;
A student in her/his final academic semester who has prolong her/his studies after having qualified for and participate in the additional examination of the semester in question and who subsequent to completing the additional examination still only needs one module to obtain the qualification, irrespective of whether the said module was failed during either the main or additional examination, may apply to take a special examination.
For more information and instructions regarding the SMS request system, follow this link.