University of The Free State Jobs
University of The Free State Jobs, The university of the free state publishes vacancies on their portal and also through recruitment search portals.
Vacancies of the university can be accessed from two main sources ;
|Natural and Agricultural Sciences
|Faculty Natural and Agricultural Sciences
Department Agricultural Economics
· Conduct research to extend the body of knowledge in the field of Agricultural Economics.
· Publish research in ISI-accredited scientific journals.
· Supervise and provide mentorship to post graduate students.
· Conduct research on the water-energy-food nexus.
· Facilitate technology transfer activities to farmers, water users’ associations, water managers and agribusinesses.
· Master’s degree in Agricultural.
· Proven experience in the presentation of poster or oral presentations at conferences or equivalent activities.
· Evidence of research experience in the use of evolutionary algorithms to allocate scarce water resources.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s parallel-medium and richly diverse working environment.
· Evidence of research experience in the field of water use in agriculture.
Assumption of duties:
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
· A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter.
· Copies of all academic records.
· Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications).
· A copy of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click on Self Service, then on Recruiting, and then on Careers to apply online.