University of The Free State Bee Certificate
Welcome to Bee Certificate SA and herewith you’ll find all the relevant information on getting a Bee Certificate. We have been offering this service to clients countrywide for a while now and we have had great feedback regarding our speedy service.
We have been getting quite allot of questions from our clients regarding who exactly can apply for a Bee Certificate and we decided to give everyone some feedback regarding this issue.
A Bee Certificate is then valid for 1 year and we urge everyone who has got a bee certificate to make sure that it is valid, since you do need to resubmit to your supplier’s annually.
It is thus very important to make sure that you do renew your Bee Certificate and keep it valid.
So what can your Bee Certificate be used for?
Entities use their Bee Certificate to claim procurement consumed and thus the more an entity use BEE suppliers that are compliant, the higher the chance to get a high level Bee Certificate.
For anyone currently operating a business in South Africa, it is crucial to have a Bee Certificate and that’s why we decided to create this website, to offer this valuable service and information on this Certificate.
To apply for your BEE Verification, you have 2 options available to you:
OPTION 1: Apply for a BEE EME Certificate
BEE Certificates are not valid for any EME’s trading in the following industry sectors: General (includes construction), Tourism, MAC, CA, Forestry and ICT. These sectors may only apply for the BEE Affidavit.
To apply for a BEE Certificate, we are going to require the following:
Company Registration documents;
– Full set of company documents.
ID’s of all directors/members;
Proof of annual turnover (please make use of ONE of the following):
(only for businesses that have been registered for more than 12 months)
– Latest Financial Statements ( );
– Bank statements for the past 12 months;
– Letter from a registered accountant.
SIGNED Shareholder certificates for all shareholders (if your company is a (Pty) Ltd):
– Signed Share certificates as issued with your company registration documents;
– In the event that you were not issued with share certificates, we can assist you in compiling them. Ask us to provide you with a quote for this service.
An Affidavit declaring your industry (please see the sectoral charters below)
– You may do an Affidavit at the bank, police station or post office to declare what your business does and what industry it will fall under.
On receipt of all relevant documents, as listed above, I will reply to your email to confirm receipt, or ask for additional information.
Once I have confirmed that everything is correct it takes approximately 24hrs to issue you with the BEE Certificate. Please note that if you submit the day before a public holiday or a weekend, the turnaround time does not include public holidays or weekends.
Turnover Threshold – R 10 million:
– General Sector (Construction sector is included here) – BEE Affidavit
– CA (Chartered Accountants) – BEE Affidavit
– MAC (Media, Advertising and Communication) – BEE Affidavit
– ICT (Information and Communication Technology) – BEE Affidavit
– Forestry – BEE Affidavit
Turnover Threshold – R5 million:
– Tourism – BEE Affidavit
– Agriculture – BEE Certificate
– FSC (Financial Sector) – BEE Certificate
– Property (Service Based) – BEE Certificate
– Transport – BEE Certificate
Other: (requires a BEE Certificate)
– Property (Asset Based) – Turnover Threshold R30 million
– Property (Estate Agents/Brokers) – Turnover Threshold R2.5 million